Monday, September 15, 2008

My attempt at blogging

I figured, why not? Everyone else is blogging, why not start my own. So, this is my feeble attempt at blogging. If you are reading this, you probably already know me and know that I'm a boring dude, so I apologise in advance


The new excitement in my life is coaching. I had my first flag football practice of the year last Sunday, and boy do I have my work cut out for me. I have 8 kids on my team 4 are five years old, 2 are six and 2 are seven. About twelve minutes into the practice had 2 kids crying, and 1 that just stood there picking his nose. I told the kids that my goals for the year are: team work, have fun, learn about the basics of football, and win a game or two. I'm not to sure about the latter, but I know we will have fun and learn a bit too. I am lucky enough to have a great assistant coach, who is also Grady's uncle. He actually played college football and will probably be teaching more of the mechanics of football. My main focus is team work. I have coached and officiated youth sports for about 15 years, and no matter how athletic your team is; it's nothing without teamwork. I am fortunate to have all of the kids take part in flag football. Aidan "The Frog" and Grady "The Bread Box" playing football, and my girl Sophie "The animal" is cheering. This should make for some interesting Sundays. Hope to see you all at Doyle Field.

4 comments:

Ingrid said...

Now that Aidan is playing, you may be able to get the number of kids crying up to 3!

Sundays are going to be pretty interesting for this family.

Rick Jordan said...

That had me cracking up on two kids crying! I would NOT want to coach football- even though I played and know it better than any other game! Football is HARD WORK! I know technique and stuff but you are basically trying to teach form and three point stances to kids who might know nothing about football! Good luck, Scott! PS- if you want more people to comment on your blog, erase the stupid word verification!

Scott said...

How? I'll have to ask ingie. I'm just a rookie.

Rick Jordan said...

It is in your settings- you just change them to no word verification. Ingrid can help you!