Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Poker


I play poker every Tuesday evening. Once my kiddo's are tucked into bed I make my way to the end of my street for a friendly (not too friendly) game of Texas hold'em. I have been playing for about a year with the same group of about 8 to 14 players. I have taken my fare share of winnings ($240.00 being the biggest win) and my fare share of losses. However recently, I have had a streak of bad luck. 5 weeks of bad luck to be exact. I have tried everything to help change my luck. I've played aggressive and passive, I've played after a few beers and sober. I've practiced on-line and at on my PSP. But nothing has helped; with that said, I am taking a week off from poker. I just hope this is what the doctor ordered.
Actually, I think I'll give it one more shot before taking a week off.
Wish me luck!!!


3 comments:

Ingrid said...

At least you have your priorities straight and everything. Geez.

Rick Jordan said...

Scott- try taking different things with you! Like a rabbits foot one week, something else with meaning to you! You are noticing that your luck is bad right now and you will play to passively even with good hands! By having something that you think is lucky, you might think and play differently and you and I both know that game is like 90% mental!

Ingrid said...

Which is good honey, becaue you're 100% mental.